It would be a good idea to keep your house clean and tidy with the help of a top-quality vacuum cleaner. However, it can be somewhat difficult to shop for a vacuum cleaner right now given that there are so many of them available on the market. In fact, these devices are obtainable in various types of shapes, colors, functionalities, prices, and sizes. Below, we have mentioned the various types of vacuum cleaners available out there which will make your job of picking the best one simpler.
1. Upright vacuum cleaner
This type happens to be amongst the most popular and commonly used vacuum cleaners at present. It comes with a motor-driven brush which helps to clean dirt through suction. It also features a tilt and push as well as a simple to comprehend ergonomic layout. Besides this, the upright vacuum cleaner consists of a sensor that can suck the debris effectively from carpet strands. Thus, it is ideal when it comes to cleaning large carpeted areas. The device likewise provides attachments and height adjustment features that help it to get to the tight corners.
• Simple to store
• Ideal for cleaning carpets
• Can be used on hard flooring as well
• Comes with a wide cleaning path appropriate for large areas
• Provide attachments for different uses
• Usually heavier
• Can generate lots of noise
• Difficult for cleaning stairs since the cord might come in the way
2. Stick vacuum cleaner
This particular model happens to be lightweight and slender and is appropriate for quick cleaning. It is quite simple to store this type of device since it comes with a basic design that has a broom’s shape. The stick vacuum cleaner is appropriate for maneuvering around narrow areas and furniture. This device is also suitable for cleaning the toilet and the kitchen. One can use it for cleaning hardwood floors as well as small carpet areas. The motor is positioned along the stick and it does the job of cleaning by light suction.
The stick vacuum cleaner features fewer attachments and can be converted into a handheld device as well. It comes with dirt cups rather than bags. The battery life of this type of vacuum cleaner is somewhat shorter unlike other similar products on the market. Thus, the stick vacuum cleaner is not a very powerful device and is not ideal for deep cleaning either.
• Simple to store
• Helps to clean small messes quickly
• Comes with corded or cordless versions
• Ideal for hardwood flooring
• Generates noise
• Not much powerful unlike other vacuums
3. Canister vacuum cleaner
This type of vacuum cleaner consists of a long wand fastened to a device that looks like a cylinder with the help of a retractable suction hose. It comes with a receptacle responsible for collecting grime and is driven by a motor. The device is able to clean several types of surfaces including bare hard floors, wooden floors, cars, upholstery, furniture, tiles, carpeted areas, stairs, ceilings, walls, as well as curtains. The canister also comes with lots of attachments for the convenience of the user.
However, it is somewhat expensive since it is able to operate on different types of surfaces. Moreover, the device is also bulkier unlike other models available on the market.
• Has the ability to clean different types of surfaces
• Provide different types of tools for easy cleaning
• Difficult to store since these are bulkier
• Takes time to clean since it has to be assembled before usage
• Not ideal for individuals struggling with back pain
• The canister has to be taken with you while vacuuming
4. Handheld vacuum cleaner
As suggested by its name, this device is a portable, compact-sized, and light vacuum cleaner. The good thing is that one can hold it in only one hand while cleaning. It comes in various designs and while some are corded, the others are cordless. Some feature a rotating brush as well.
At times, one can also use a handheld vacuum cleaner with an upright vacuum cleaner. It is appropriate for cleaning difficult-to-reach areas such as tables, stairs, corners, and vehicle interiors. The good thing is that it is more inexpensive as compared to other models. It is ideal for cleaning spills and crumbs as well as eliminating fine dirt such as hair from upholstery. However, one drawback is that one cannot compare it with a full-size vacuum and it is not ideal for general floor cleaning.
• Might be corded or cordless
• Can be kept in the car
• Ideal for nooks and crannies
• Appropriate for cleaning pet hair
• Not ideal for general cleaning since it takes a long time
• Less powerful as compared to a canister vacuum or full-sized vacuum
5. Robotic vacuum cleaner
This is an automatic vacuum cleaner which is driven by a sensor. Not much effort is required since it does not need maneuvering. Remote control can be used for choosing the settings and entering the instructions by which it will be able to clean without any supervision. A robotic vacuum cleaner happens to be a compact device that does not create much noise.
It is appropriate for cleaning tiles, carpets, corners, as well as wooden surfaces. Being cordless, you need to charge it at frequent intervals. This type of cleaner has the ability to clean very well within a short span of time since it happens to be automatic. One significant downside is that its price is somewhat higher as compared to the other versions out there.
• You can relax while it cleans
• It can be controlled with your smartphone
• Does not take much storage area
• Has the ability to reach the tighter spots around the room without any difficulty whatsoever
• Dirt bin capacity is small
• Comparatively costly as compared to the other models available on the market
• Can clean small messes only, which implies that you might be needed to vacuum manually from time to time
• Not ideal for cleaning rugs or shaggy carpets